Sunday 5 April 2015

Getting back into the modelling chair

I've finally been able to spend some time on the toy train set. First task has been getting back to work on the first batch of clay wagons by finishing applying transfers, tentatively using an airbrush to finish dusting them with a thin coating of white, then trying to add a little more detail with a few brush strokes and playing around with creating a few more clay dusted tarpaulins. Results so far are below...






I've purposely left one wagon without a tarpaulin as I was beginning to like the way it looked without one. I'll have to fold one up and install inside the wagon if it's going to be left as an empty wagon.

Hopefully this last lengthy hiatus has passed and my mojo has returned which means I'll be able to make some serious progress over the coming months...

3 comments:

  1. Hello there ! Yes, welcome back to the world of occasional modelling. From the expanded photos, the wagons, the grass and the track look superb, so the wait was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress...

    I know how you feel when other things take over. My modelling has been struck down with a case of redecorating, although the more that I do, the more enthused to do more I become.

    See you at Scalefour North?

    ReplyDelete